Liverpool & Knowsley Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities
Informational Advice and Support Service (SEND IASS)
How we can help
Listening to your views and concerns
Working with you to explore your options
Explaining your rights in relation to SEN and disability
Working in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships
Know Your RightsWe offer to explain your rights, and answer any queries or concerns in relation to SEN and disability.
We’d love to hear from you if you have any feedback, comments or suggestions to improve our service.
About SEND IASSLiverpool & Knowsley SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service) is a confidential and impartial information, advice and support service on issues related to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). It is free, easy to access and confidential for those families in Liverpool & Knowsley. We can help children, parents and young people take part in decisions that affect their lives.
We offer information, advice and support to:
- Children and young people (up to 25 years) with SEND
- Parents and carers of children with SEND
- Practitioners (who might support children, young people or parents to access our service)
We provide information and advice about what the law says, the local authority’s and health policies and procedures and about the policy and practice in local schools and other settings. We:
- Provide information and advice about Special Educational Needs
- Can advise you and support you with the Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan process;
- Can advise you on SEND matters in relation to health and social care
- Will listen to your views and concerns;
- Work with you to explore your options;
- Help you prepare for meetings;
- Support you to find the confidence to express your views;
- Can help with forms, letters and reports; and
- Work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships.
Watch this video to find out more.
Parent carers can also visit the Contact helpline via their website at www.contact.org.uk for information or call the free helpline on 0808 808 3555 between 930-5pm Monday to Friday, or by email at email@example.com You may also want to contact the Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA) via the website at https://www.ipsea.org.uk/
Latest National News
- Over £42 Million support extended for children with SEND.Source: Council For Disabled Children Published on 11-02-2021
- Looking forward for SEND: The Review, the challenges, the culture changeSource: Council For Disabled Children Published on 14-01-2021
- Changes to national restrictions and temporary school closuresSource: Council For Disabled Children Published on 05-01-2021
Address: Stoneycroft Children’s Centre, 38 Scotia Road, Liverpool, L13 6QJ
By Appointment Only
Phone: 0800 012 9066 Option 1 for Liverpool. Option 2 for Knowsley. If the number is busy please leave a message and we will respond within five working days.
Opening hours: 9 – 4.30pm